TENRYU-JI TEMPLE : Contemplating the History

Hojo Hall, Kyoto, 2016

This Hojo Hall, located in Tenryu-ji Temple Complex, near Arashiyama bamboo forrest. Tenryuji was founded by the Shogun Ashikaga Takauji (1305-1358). First of all, the building was used for villa. But then it was changed into a temple for a memorial service to Emperor Go-Daigo. 

Opening hour : 8.30am-5.30pm
Entrance Fee : 500 JPY (plus Sougenchi Pond and Hyakkaen Garden)

68 Susukinobaba-cho, Tenryuji, Saga, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto

Tel: 075 881 1235

Powered by Blogger.